- Qualified educators supported by an experienced educator assistant per class.
- Specialised academic and skills training programme aligned with the CAPs AND D-CAPs curriculum under the auspices of the Kwa-Zulu Natal Department of Basic Education.
- Interactive curriculum adapted to suit your child’s individual needs:
- Cognitive Impairments, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Down Syndrome, Mild Cerebral Palsy.
- Occupational therapy in a fully equipped O.T. Room
- Sensory integration room
- Speech therapy services available on site.
- Hippotherapy (Horse therapy) at Shortlands Equestrian Centre offered.
- 24 Hour Supervision
- Open 7 days a week
- 2 Separate age-related Hostels
- Hostel Boarding with resident housemothers
- Clinic and Sick Bay Facilities available
- Nutritious Dietician approved meals
- Laundry Services
- Spacious Air conditioned classrooms
- Small Classes (9-13 children per class)
- Children from ages 6-23 years old can attend our school
CURRICULAR AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Functional academics and skills programme
- Exposure to entrepreneurial skills (Hospitality, Hair and Beauty, Pottery, Agricultural Studies, Arts and Crafts, Woodwork, Needlework, Maintenance, Ethnic Bead and Jewellery making
- On the Job training
- Physical Education/Sports (cricket, soccer, volleyball, table tennis, athletics, swimming and traditional games)
- Computer skills
- Play park facilities with Jungle Gyms, Trampoline, Outdoor exercise gym equipment and cycle track
- Autism Awareness Campaign in April
- Casual Day in September
- Resource centre- provision of support to neighbouring mainstream schools, assessment of learners referred by mainstream schools and referral if necessary